Our overall vision is of a Belfast in which today's interface communities:
- Are free of tension, intimidation and violence both within and between communities;
- Have come to terms with legacies of the past;
- Are socially and economically vibrant, within an attractive physical environment;
- Enjoy freedom of movement in accessing facilities and services;
- Have respect for cultural difference and diversity.
Belfast Interface Project is a membership organisation which aims to support the development of creative approaches towards the regeneration of Belfast's interface areas.
- To influence policy and advocate for change;
- To advocate with agencies and others in order to address issues of safety in interface communities;
- To support interface communities to develop positive relationships;
- To ensure that membership remains reflective of interface communities and that the organisation is managed efficiently and effectively.
- mutual understanding;
- the aquisition and dissemination of new knowledge;
- respect and tolerance;
- shared ownership of common issues, concerns, resources and opportunities;
- creativity and innovation;
- equality and accountability, self-help and mutual support.